LOWONGAN KERJA THE BRITISH EMBASSY JAKARTA
The British Embassy JakartaThe British Embassy Jakarta, Relations between the UK and Indonesia are very important. The British government works with the Indonesian government and other organisations to tackle global challenges like climate change, infectious disease and international crime.
We run programmes to promote understanding between cultures and to help address development issues like reducing the number of women who die in child birth; or improving capacity in local government. We support British companies who want to do business in Indonesia.
We provide visas for people who want to visit the UK, passports for British nationals, help for our citizens if they are in trouble and a lot more. I hope you enjoy looking at the site and that it gives you the information you need.
The British Embassy Jakarta is currently seeking to fill the following vacancy DEPUTY SECURITY MANAGER. The British Embassy Jakarta will have a vacancy for a Deputy Security Manager, from 1 October 2009.
The jobholder will be required to: line manage two front window reception staff as well as overseeing the 120+ strong force of locally-contracted guards protecting the Embassy premises and staff residences. Manage essential security equipment including CCTV, access control systems and other security hardware. Maintain close liaisons with the Embassy contract security guarding companies, the local police and the various contractors the Embassy employs to carry out maintenance works at the Embassy premises and staff properties.
This position is a highly mobile one demanding physical resilience, authority and strong communication skills. Excellent spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia are essential.
The jobholder will be required to work some evenings and weekends
DEPUTY SECURITY MANAGER
Key Job Responsibilities
* To cover the duties of the Post Security Manager when he is away from the Embassy.
* Routine checks and visits on Embassy real-estate.
* To conduct security training for all staff and guards as directed by the PSM.
* Report to the PSM any security damages, deficiencies and security breaches found during visits.
* First point of contact 24/7 with the local contracted security guarding company.
* To liase with the local police, BRIMOB and PAMOBVIT.
* Liasing with security companies, agencies.
* To manage access control systems; pedestrian and vehicle.
* To manage a small imprest account.
* Other tasks as detailed by the PSM.
* A minimum of 4 years work experience in a relevant field
* Excellent communication and networking skills in English and Indonesian (both oral or written, IELTS 7.0 or equivalent)
* Good IT skills and experience of working in an office, including: MS Word, Excel and Outlook
* Excellent understanding of the Police and Security in Indonesia
* Self-motivation and the ability to work without supervision
* Strong competencies in; Man Management, Training and Report writing
* An understanding of security in the Diplomatic area would be an advantage
* The ability to work in a team
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer. We will offer a package of salary and benefits, including annual leave and medical cover, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The starting salary will be in the region of Rp. 6,000,000 per calendar month. Evidence of previous salary awards should be provided along with the application. Training opportunities may also be available.
To apply please submit a copy of your CV (maximum 2 pages), 2 references from previous employers, 1 passport sized photograph, and a letter explaining your suitability for this position to: Jakartajob.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any applications not sent to the email address above will not be taken into consideration. Only applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted. Previous applicants need not apply.
The position is subject to achieving the necessary level of security clearance.
Deadline for submission is noon on 21 August 2009. We hope that the successful candidate will start work on 1 October 2009.
No comments yet.