TECHNOLOGY MANAGER @ Thomson Asia Pacific Holdings Pte Ltd
Technicolor Digital Content Delivery (TDCD), part of the Thomson Group, is the world’s leading services provider to Media and Entertainment businesses, with facilities across the globe in the US, Europe and Asia.
TDCD is one of the fastest growing divisions within the Thomson Group of companies, and sees Singapore as a key hub for supporting its growing service offering across the Asia Pacific region. We are seeking dedicated individuals to join us.
You will be playing a multifaceted role. You will be responsible as the principal Broadcast engineer for Singapore and South East Asia. You will provide a second line support role to the engineering team as directed by the Operation, of which the portfolio includes understanding business priorities, defining customers’ technical requirements, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues as well as planning and implementing local projects in line with business requirements. You are also required to establish and maintain good working relationships with local vendors and suppliers of technical equipment and services.
You will provide technical support to the business development function in Singapore and South East Asia. You will work with the business development team in understanding and defining technical requirements for proposals, producing outline technical solutions, and drawing up budgets for technical Capex and support. You will be required to understand and promote global project’s working practices and preferred solutions and to maintain effective communication with the Global Project team in relation to such initiatives.
In addition, you will report to the UK based Global Project team, participating in global projects in the areas of project implementation and administration.
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical / Electronics, Telecommunication or Broadcast Engineering.
- At least five years’ relevant experience in the broadcast industry with experience working at a level which involves direct contact with client representatives within a broadcasting organistation and having experience, in one or more of the areas in Transmission Engineering, Broadcast IT and Post Production systems support.
- Self motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Effective communication and presentation skills; able to produce clear written reports and technical proposals.
- The candidate must be accustomed to and capable of handling a variety of potentially disparate simultaneous tasks, of understanding and following priorities, and communicating progress effectively with managers and colleagues.
- Willing and able to make short visits overseas from time to time in support of Business Development or other initiatives.
Interested applicants are invited to email us to submit their detailed resume, current and expected salaries, photographs and contact numbers or by mail to:-
Manager, Human Resources
Thomson Asia Pacific Holdings Pte Ltd
8, Jurong Town Hall Road
#29-01/06, The JTC Summit
Website: www. Thomson.net
No comments yet.