Lowongan Administrative Clerk ILO Ambon
International Labour Office Jakarta
General Project Information
This project is a joint project between UNIDO and ILO which is aimed to assist the national and local government to address the complex problems of disadvantage communities and to create peace building through rural based economic development. Development of rural economic activities, which is based on agribusiness systems (agriculture and agro-industry), will revitalize the agriculture sector (the main sector in the province), create livelihood sustainability and rebuild social relationship and peace development within and between religions, ethnics and groups
The Project will provide substantial support to local government’s programme in improving Human Development Index (HDI) of the province in order to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and reduce longer-term vulnerability to conflict through a shift from crisis response to crisis prevention.
It will address main factors that contribute to the failure of alternative income generation in order to increase household incomes and local economy. These include low production, lack of access to appropriate agro-processing technology, lack of affordable credit, and lack of access to markets. In the development and the identification of appropriate technologies to add value to local products, the project will utilize a market and innovation driven approach. Where necessary, it will provide access to essential physical agro-processing technology and support the provision of training of trainers, study tours and other relevant technical assistance.
To ensure project contribution to the improvement of peace building and standard of living through rural based economic development the project will focus on four components:
1. Village organization and empowerment
2. Sustainable livelihood development through education and technology transfer
3. Peace building and conflict management
4. Improving village and occupational health Specific Duties
The Administrative clerk will work under the immediate supervision of the Local Project Officer and other ILO technical staff. The tasks and duties of the Administrative Clerk are the following:
1. Assist in maintaining a project information system covering administrative, financial, and technical activities;
2. Assist in gathering relevant financial information and prepare budget estimates for project activities;
3. Code and record receipts and payments, verify the accuracy of calculations and the completeness of supporting documents, and maintain a continuing status of allotments against obligations (including petty cash);
4. Assist in preparing regular summary financial reports covering cash receipts and expenditure;
5. Arrange appointments and maintain the supervisor’s calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion;
6. Provide administrative/logistical support to the organization of meetings, workshops, seminars, missions, etc.
7. Draft routine correspondence and responses and take follow-up action as required;
8. Prepare informal translations of incoming letter, emails, calls and communication as needed;
9. Assist in the preparation of project reports and other documents;
10. Help in preparing and keeping personnel records, including those on leaves and absences, overtime work and other related activities.
11. Might require driving the project vehicle for official purposes.
12. Perform other duties and functions as assigned by the Local Project Officer and other ILO technical staff.
Education – Completion of secondary school education.
Experience – Three to four years’ general clerical work.
Languages – Excellent knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia and good knowledge of local language.
1. Proven ability to use word processing software and email.
2. Ability to use other software packages required by the work unit.
3. Proven typing abilities.
4. Knowledge of office administrative procedures and of clerical practices.
5. Knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the use of filing systems.
6. Ability to reply in an appropriate manner to work related inquiries.
7. Ability to work well with colleagues.
8. Ability to organize own work.
9. Ability to evaluate correspondence and inquiries for best course of action.
10. Ability to obtain services from other work units inside or outside the office for completion of tasks.
General Services level 3 of the UN common remuneration system and/or commensurate with the qualifications and competency of the selected candidate.
Written Test and Interview
Prospective candidates will be required to perform written test and be interviewed.
The ILO promotes equal employment opportunities. Therefore, qualified women and men are encouraged to apply and submit their application along with CV, other supporting documents and references, addressed to:
INTERNATIONAL LABOUR OFFICE
Fax: 310 0766
Closing date: 13 June 2009
The ILO promotes opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive employment in conditions of freedom, equity, security and human dignity
No comments yet.