Job Vacancy Administrative Assistant (AFP) Australian Embassy
Vacancy: Investigate/Administrative Assistant (AFP)
Applications are invited for the above position in the Australian Federal Police Department of the Australian Embassy, Jakarta. The position is a full time position with an immediate commencement date required.
The duties of the position and selection criteria are listed in below. The successful applicant will meet the selection criteria as detailed in the attached. Applicants should ensure their application includes comments on how they meet each of the selection criteria and should be no longer that three (3) typed A4 pages. Applicants should also include a copy of their curriculum vitae (resume), and details of two referees who may be contacted if necessary. Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered for interview.
A monthly salary of IDR.6,640,397 will be offered to the successful applicant dependent upon qualifications, relevant experience and demonstrated skill.
Applications should be directed to Mr James Mollard, Office Manager at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject: Investigate / Admin. Assistant before close of business 16.00 hours on Monday, 1 June 2009. Please note that no phone call inquiries will be taken and only short-listed applicants will be notified. Late applications will not be considered.
Position No.: TBA
Designation and Classification: LES / BB 3
Local Designation: Investigative / Administrative Assistant
Department: Australian Federal Police (AFP)
Branch: Australian Embassy, Jakarta
Continuing, Fixed Term or Part Time: Continuing
Immediate Supervisor: Office Manager
No. of subordinates: N/A
Highest subordinates: N/A
1. As required, accompany and assist the AFP Liaison Officer(s) on assignments and/or meetings in Indonesia and provide a high level interpreting service to the AFP Liaison Officer(s);
2. Conduct research of documents and publications printed in Bahasa Indonesia and translate items of interest or as directed which include police reports and Indonesian laws/regulations;
3. Managing a wide range of administrative and clerical functions including managing police records system, AFP file registers, data input into the computerised records system and typing duties;
4. Liaise with other A-Based and Locally Engaged Staff at the Australian Embassy on administrative matters including travel arrangements, finance, property, stores and common services;
5. Preparation of FMA001’s for accounts payable;
6. Create and maintain excel spreadsheets to reconcile AFP monthly expenditure;
7. Administer cash payments and maintain financial records;
8. Assistant with travel arrangements of Liaison Officers;
9. Ability and willingness to travel and work irregular hours.
Qualifications: The duties of the position require a high level communication skills combined with high level translation and analysis skills. Applicants will be required to undertake a Bahasa to English (and vice versa) translation test.
* Demonstrated ability to translate complex documents in English and Bahasa Indonesia to an exceptionally high standard;
* High level financial reporting experience and accounts payable processing;
* Ability to problem solve and implement changes to procedures and systems as required;
* Ability to;
* priorities tasks
* work under pressure with minimal supervision
* demonstrate well developed organisational skills
* work effectively as a team member in a challenging environment
* demonstrate well developed interpersonal and communication skills
* Sound knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word;
* Familiar with or ability to learn Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) finance system.
No comments yet.