Liaison Officer for Fairtrade Labeling Organization International
Posted by: FLO International
Posted date: 21-Apr-2009
Liaison Officer for Pacific countries:
Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, East Timor, other Pacific countries
I- Liaison Officer Terms of Reference
Fairtrade Labelling Organization International is seeking a dynamic, results oriented development professional with excellent grassroots training skills and motivation to continue working at the grassroots level. The candidate must possess excellent critical thinking and conflict management skills, as well as communication skills suitable for remote team participation. The candidate must also be willing to travel to producer groups frequently.
To act as the regionally based liaison person between the Producer Services & Relations (PSR) and FLO certified producers, potential FLO producer partners, and Fairtrade stakeholders in the Pacific
Providing information, advice and training to producers to improve compliance with Fairtrade standards
Providing information, advice and training to producers to improve their market opportunities.
Providing information to FLO International e.V.about producers in their sphere of activity.
– Providing different kind of information and trainings to producers.
– Assessing Producer Groups as Businesses
– Support Work following Inspections
– Provide regular and consistent reports on targeted producer groups
– Seeking new Suppliers/Products/Origins
– Helping coordinate the Pricing Process (in liaison with the relevant person in FLO e.V.)
– Sourcing and liaising with local external support agencies
– Provide information about local networks.
– Represent the PSR in local workshops/conferences as required and agreed.
Standard setting, Inspection, Certification, Product Management, Supply Chain Management.
Reporting and Communication Lines
To the appropriate Regional Coordinator based at the FLO e.V. office in Germany.
To Producer Services & Relations (PSR), FLO International e.V.
– University degree in agricultural, social, economic science or development studies
– At least five years of professional working experience
– Experience in working with small farmers organizations at the grassroots level
– Experience in assessing training needs and training impact, delivering dynamic professional training, creating new tools regarding the needs.
– Motivation to continue working at the grassroots level
– Good contacts with local NGOs and Government resources
– Ability to communicate effectively with counterparts from different strata of society
– Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender balance
– Familiarity with local culture, including significant living experience in the region
– Strong self-management skills: able to work alone and independently; good planning and organizational capacities.
– Analytical skills, ability to deliver regular clear and precise reports.
– Basic accounting skills (other business skills desirable)
– Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia (other regional dialects knowledge would be a plus)
– Proficient in the use of computers, including MS Office, internet.
– Preparedness to frequent travels in the region in basic conditions
– Experience with Corporate Social Responsibility and certification systems would be a plus
II- Terms of the contract:
Consultant contract for twelve month period (renewable): start as early as possible.
Location of the post: Indonesia
There is currently no FLO e.V. representative office in the region, the Liaison Officer might have to set up his/her own office. Frequent travels to the region of responsibility.
Training will be provided to the liaison officer. This is a local posting in Indonesia. Foreigners should be advised that no visa support will be given for residence or work permits.
Applications (Motivation letter indicating how the candidate fits the requirements and why the candidate wishes to apply for the post, Honorarium indication and Curriculum Vitae) should be sent to the following address: pbu-asiaatfairtrade.net
With the reference: LO Pacific
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: 30.4.09
Only those applicants will be contacted who will be invited for an interview