Procurement Professional ISC-0230297 IBM
Procures goods & services, develops proposals and/or negotiates contracts consistent with customer requirements. Responsible for supporting procurement activities within region/geography including commodities, critical technology & parts. Interfaces with suppliers on issues that affect supplier operations & IBM strategic issues. Responsible for establishing, executing & tracking project plans. Works within given broad objectives to improve business processes. Identifies and implements skill building opportunities for procurement. Develops short range unit plans to accomplish business unit objectives. Participates in activities in support of multiple business units. Communicates/negotiates with supplier & customer counterparts & management. Monitors industry to maintain awareness of current practices. Acts as the technical & quality interface with suppliers. Assures that all supplier tooling & equipment is economically justified & is capable of performing its intended function. Identifies repeated off-spec conditions & takes permanent action to eliminate. Accountable to insure that IBM business conduct guidelines and procurement practices are understood and followed, both as an individual & for any teams that the individual may lead. Manages IBM suppliers, business partners & customer relationships. Prepares presentations & technical reports for project documentation, management reports & worldwide distribution. Performs moderate to high risk supplier evaluations and selections of a complex nature. Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
* Environment: Advanced knowledge of business principles such as purchasing, business and contract law, finance and accounting. Requires significant experience in procurement or related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation and contract administration. Requires current knowledge in commodities and specific IT/engineering discipline. Knowledge is used to solve problems, develop broad business processes, conduct in-depth analysis and develop detailed business plans with minimal management supervision.
* Communication/Negotiation: Utilizes strong interpersonal, oral and written skills to conduct daily activities. Frequent contacts with suppliers at all levels to negotiate price, delivery,contract terms and conditions, etc. Regularly negotiates issues, such as supplier relationship management, contract performance, etc. requiring tact and sensitivity. Negotiates with all levels of suppliers’ management to develop appropriate contracts. Develops & maintains regular communication channels with key in IBM’s worldwide procurement team and with key supplier personnel. Interfaces with senior executives within IBM and suppliers. Negotiates decisions & commitments with others at the same or higher level. Regular contact with supplier management and IBM interfaces, at least weekly. Provides timely communication to all affected individuals. Gives technical & business presentations as required.
* Problem Solving: Monitors the performance of multiple suppliers & takes corrective action to ensure compliance with contract terms & conditions. Independently recommends creative improvements to business controls processes. Analyzes market conditions & variable to recommend & implement sourcing strategies that satisfy current & future product requirements for cost, quality and delivery. Due to the complexity & volatility of IBM’s sourcing needs, sourcing recommendations should include a broad variety of options based on suppliers throughout region/geography.
* Contribution/Leadership: Develops sourcing plans to meet customer requirements. Establishes plans, defines approaches, conducts business analysis & documents results. Acts as a center of competence on a broad range of technical & business subjects in procurement to assist mgmt & staff in understanding & recommending changes in key processes. Work experience in the Telco Industry is an added advantage.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Accounting/Finance, Engineering or Business/Management
* At least 2 years experience in IT and Services Skill
* At least 2 years experience in Communication and Negotiation
* At least 2 years experience in Problem Solving
* At least 2 years experience in Contribution / Leadership
* At least 2 years experience in Business
* English: Fluent
Commits IBM funds as authorized to meet IBM customer schedules, while maintaining best value and quality. Responsible for the direction and overall delivery performance of team supervised. Analyze complex, nonstandard customer requirements (e.g. cost, delivery, overall quality, licensing, etc). Assures technical objectives are completed within cost. Experience in Telco Industry is an added advantage.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
No comments yet.