Job Vacancy The British Embassy Jakarta 2009
The British Embassy Jakarta is currently seeking to fill the following vacancy
This is a key position in the Management Section of the British Embassy. The Accountant is in charge of the day to day running of the large British Embassy Post account. You would be working to the Senior Management Officer and Deputy Management Officer to ensure the accurate, efficient and smooth-running of the account. You would manage one member of staff who is the Accounts Assistant. Working closely with other internal and external stakeholders to ensure payments are made promptly and efficiently and in accordance with our organization’s best practice and guidance, and ensuring that our processes are adhered to.
* Supervise on the day to day running of the accounts office of the British Embassy Jakarta
* Using the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s Oracle based accounts system, input invoices, debit memos, advances and other entries, including preparation of system-required forms
* Prepare cash payments and receipts. Pursue outstanding pre-payments and other bills
* Complete Bank and Cash reconciliation; complete daily cash and receipts reconciliation
* Prepare Indonesian Based Staff salaries
* Prepare electronic bank transfers and other payments such as cheque and debit memo payments
* Liaise with the Embassy’s bank to ensure that the Embassy holds enough money in the bank account and cash to make payments
* Line manage the Accounts Assistant
* Assist the Senior Management Officer and Deputy Management Officer with ad hoc returns
* Responsible for maintenance and monthly update of UK Based staff travel allocations
* Have significant expertise within the Accounts area, preferably with a minimum 3-4 years relevant working experience
* Bachelor degree in accounting with extensive related experience
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills in both English and Indonesian
* Able to work efficiently without close supervision, including managing people
* An enthusiastic and organized team player
* A good understanding of Accounts procedures is essential
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer. It offers a generous package of compensation and benefits including annual bonuses, annual leave and medical cover. Training opportunities may also be available.
How to apply
To apply please submit, a copy of your CV (maximum 3 pages), 2 references from previous employers, 1 passport size photograph and a letter explaining your suitability for this position to:
Please not that all applications not sent to email address above will not be taken into consideration. Applications will not be considered without the relevant qualifications, skills and experience. Previous applicants need not apply.
The position is subject to achieving the necessary level of security clearance.
Deadline & Start Date
Deadline for submission is noon on the 16 April 2009. We hope that the successful candidate will start work in mid of May 2009
No comments yet.