Lowongan Kerja Senior Advisor Climate Change Policy and National Senior Advisor and Head of Administration
Under the framework of the Indonesian-German technical cooperation, the Ministry of Environment and the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) are jointly implementing The programme “Policy Advice for Environment and Climate Protection (PAKLIM)”. The first phase of the programme is from 2009 – 2012, with a subsequent second phase of equally four years.
GTZ seeks to recruit two highly qualified national experts;
1. Senior Advisor Climate Change Policy
Develop policy instruments for climate change mitigation and adaptation involving the relevant ministries. The overall goal of the component is to provide National and Local Policy Advise, Capacity Development and Replication Support with the vision to improve the policy framework conditions on the national and local level for the wide implementation of climate protection and adaptation measures.
Develop integrated advisory and financial incentive schemes for resource and energy efficiency in relevant industry and energy sectors.
– Master degree from an accredited college or university in environmental, political or economic sciences
– 10 years work experience, of which 3 years in Climate Change issues (preferable: Climate Change related policy, economics, capacity development,
– proven intimate knowledge of Indonesian governmental institutions, regulations and procedures in areas related to Climate Change and environment
2. National Senior Advisor and Head of Administration
Focus on overall project management tasks such as quality assurance of the knowledge management and Impact monitoring in the programme. Supervise the office management tasks and Human resource management, and Act as a deputy for the principal advisor regarding close liaison with the ministerial partner.
Deputy for liaison with ministerial partners in high level coordination meetings (e.g. Echelon level or with BAPPENAS) including facilitating regularly exchange of information
– Master degree from an accredited college or university in Management or equivalent
– minimum of 10 years working experience in a senior managerial position
– work experience with ministerial officials at national and local level in Indonesia Monitoring and knowledge management experience
– Knowledge of the international climate change debate
Other requirements for both positions:
– Proven abilities to work in a multicultural setting and with national government counterparts
– Working experience in an international development organization, preferably within programmes with an environment focus
– Fluent in English (in writing and speaking); German would be an advantage
– Good knowledge of Indonesian governmental institutions, regulations and procedures in areas related to Climate Change and environment
Duty station: Jakarta (including frequent travels to pilot project sites)
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letter with a resume by 16 March 2009 via email to email@example.com with subject: application for position in PAKLIM programme.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
No comments yet.