Shell Job Opportunity, Oil Gas Career
Oil Gas Career – Shell Jobs
Maintenance Engineer Team Lead (Electrical)
(Singapore – South West)
Shell first established its presence in Singapore in 1891. Since then we have grown into one of the Island’s largest foreign investors employing about 2,000 staff. Assets held by Shell Companies in Singapore exceed US$6 billion. Shell Singapore recently received the Best HR, Best Graduate Development Practices and Best Change Management Practices awards at the 2008 HRM Awards. Shell Singapore also won the coveted Work-Life Excellence Award this year from the The Tripartite Committee on Work-Life Strategy.
* Diploma in Electrical Engineering with at least 8 years engineering maintenance experience in oil refinery or petrochemical industry;
* Good experience, knowledge and skills on electrical equipment;
* Must be a team player, highly motivated and possess good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. Deliver results through others and demonstrate courage;
* Generally this is an “up from the ranks” role (ie, former craft / maintenance technician / front line leader). Other field professional assignments both before and after this role are possible;
* Knowledge on GAME ME/ GSAP processes;
* Work authorisation in Singapore is required for this position.
* Responsible for day-to-day corrective and proactive maintenance and/or troubleshooting for all electrical engineering related matters;
* Responsible to manage maintenance assistant engineers (AE), technicians and closely supervises contractors’ personnel activities and ensuring optimum usage of contractor manpower;
* Responsible to follow the GAME-ME work process on all electrical equipment-related works in the PU to ensure quality maintenance carried out in an effective and efficient manner;
* Works with PU Planner for preventive maintenance of electrical equipment;
* Prepares job specifications of the electrical maintenance team;
* Works closely and establish good teamwork with Operations, Technology (Plant and Central), Maintenance and Technical Support Group (MFBE5) in carrying out routine maintenance, shutdowns and minor project works in the PU;
* Contribute to scoping of work in plant turnaround planning;
* Play the lead executing role or Q-captain role for the turnaround;
* Participate in Flawless start-up initiative. May be assigned as a Q-captain;
* Raise, Review, coordinate and plan execute CRER, PCR and minor projects and plant shutdown;
* Responsible to provide good documentation to ensure all equipment technical records and drawings are updated to reflect the latest changes in GSAP;
* Provides constructive feedback/technical advice/input to Operations staff in the PU and his/her maintenance team on electrical matters;
* Responsible to provide first line development and technical competence assurance of electrical maintenance team;
* Seeks continual improvement in technology, procedures and techniques to improve electrical equipment performance;
* Responsible to maintain work requests planning and records on maintenance works using GSAP system;
* Provides input to maintenance manager in planning/preparing/monitoring budget for all electrical maintenance work and executes the works within the budget.
Application Deadline: Thursday 12 March 2009
Number of Vacancies: 1
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No comments yet.